Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

show ip route NOT showing static routes

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  show ip route NOT showing static routes

Posted 25 days ago

Before I create a ticket I thought I would ask here.

New to the Aruba switches, upgrading from OLD ZL switch(es)

Deploying new 6300 switches

Everything has gone fine in the new deployment until now... near the end.

Creating a static route for Internet traffic....  standard 0.0.0.0

The system takes the command fine.

But if I then try to verify with 'show ip route' it only lists the vlans

To diagnose I then ran a 'show running-config', and they are right there.

The same commands on the old 8212ZL show them fine.

What am I missing ?

• 2.  RE: show ip route NOT showing static routes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

Only active routes are shown in 'show ip route'. Could it be that the VLAN on which you have your default gateway is down, or there is no active IP on the switch to get to the default gateway?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: show ip route NOT showing static routes

Posted 25 days ago

That's probably the case...

Thanks for the clarification.  The new stack in not in Production yet.

It is being prepped / configured for a pending cutover.  Trying to get as many items in place as possible, to speed up the process.

So the default route (Internet router) is still connected to the existing 8212ZL chassis.  Ya, it's old!

Other than looking at the 'running-config'  is there another way to see all of the potential/configured routes even if they don't have an active endpoint?

Show running-config is OK... when you know that the command won't show the data.  Now I do.

Thanks