Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

Posted Aug 13, 2022 07:43 AM
    Hi,

We are using Aruba 7210
    AP 505
    SSID is OPEN.
    Software version 8.7

some of the smart phones and mostly android phones are not able to see the SSID at all.

how to resolve this?
    I know some issues with intel wireless cards on Laptop side that can be resolved with disabling the HE.
    but what about the mobile devices?

appreciate your support.

• 2.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:02 AM
    What access points are you using?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:05 AM
    Aruba AP 505

• 4.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:10 AM
    Are you broadcasting on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band?  How old is that phone?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:15 AM
    Yes Im using both 5 and 2.4 Ghz.
    the phone is Galaxy A12 released on Dec 2020.

• 6.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:19 AM
    You should download the Aruba utilities app in the Google Play store to see what WLANs you can actually see and how your phone thinks they are configured.

• 7.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:22 AM
    Ok will try that, what about Max Associations option? it was limited to 64, do you think this can affect new clients?

• 8.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:27 AM
    That only limits clients being able to associate, not "see" the SSID.  Can the phone see ANY ssids being broadcast, at all?  Did you try disabling HE?

• 9.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID

Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:31 AM
    Yes, I disabled the HE.

the phone I mentioned is not able to see any signal at all, but when I created a hotspot on my iphone, it can see it right away.

very strange, not sure about the other phones but another phone was RedMI which is also an Android.

• 10.  RE: Some Phones are not able to see the SSID
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:16 AM
    Hi, 

thanks for all the comments.

I resolved the issue, basically it was caused by enabling AM-Mode instead of AP-Mode on the radio for the 2.4Ghz which casued this issue.

I just changed it back to AP-Mode and it was ok afterwards.