Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Spanning Tree disable CLI

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Spanning Tree disable CLI

Posted Jan 30, 2023 05:47 PM
    We have pre-configured (2) 7030 controllers in our lab and need to disable spanning tree on both. They will eventually be deployed and managed by a MM. Normally, we would go into DR mode and enter "no spanning-tree", wr mem, exit, and then get out of DR mode. That command sequence is no longer an option. We have recently moved to os 8.10.0.2 and I'm assuming the commands have changed.

Do you know how to accomplish this?

• 2.  RE: Spanning Tree disable CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 06:42 PM
    are these controllers in standalone mode?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Spanning Tree disable CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 10:03 AM
    Because the controllers are managed by the MM, you would need to disable spanning tree and push the config from there:
    If your controllers don't come up with STP enabled, change on the MM, then in DR do the 'no spanning-tree' to restore access and get the config synced.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.