Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID connection time AP515, AP505

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  SSID connection time AP515, AP505

Posted Feb 20, 2024 03:28 AM

hi,

I'm new working with aruba ap.

I want to configure a SSID with conection time limit I mean, when an user connects to this wifi network after15 minutes its automatically disconnect from the wifi network

Is it possible to do that ?

• 2.  RE: SSID connection time AP515, AP505

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2024 03:31 AM

Probably not without external components, like ClearPass. Problem with WiFi is that clients that connect to a network will automatically reconnect when they are disconnected.

Not sure what you want to achieve with this question, more backgrounds/context may help to suggest something.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: SSID connection time AP515, AP505

Posted Feb 22, 2024 08:34 AM

You could use windows NPS with their session timeout set to 30 minutes. This post should guide you better. 

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion/how-to-configure-session-timeout-and-idle-timeout

Your aruba implementation type, is it controller based [ do you have an aruba controller ] or controllerless [ Do you have only the AP ]?

Reach out to your partner if there are other design considerations, there are a lot of factors to be considered.

/AJ