Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

Posted Mar 06, 2023 07:50 AM

Hi,

I noticed that all the AP groups that I am managing lost the option to chose "enhanced open" in the dropdown under 'Security' when configuring a visitor SSID using Cloud Guest.

The dropdown only contains "open".

Previously configured SSIDs still show 'enhanced open' in the overview, but not in the settings.

It is not possible to configure it for both old and new SSIDs.

Is this a bug or intentionally moved to somewhere else?

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

Posted Apr 03, 2023 10:28 AM

I've noticed this too, unclear if it's a bug or a limitation, would be good to confirm since it's much better for security.

• 3.  RE: SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:24 AM

I've created a case for this now.
    In the past, visitors refused to use open networks because their IT told them so (which is 100% correct, with no doubt).
    Being able to at explain that the network will be encrypted was at least helpful to convince them.

Without that option, it might be better to switch back to any PSK approach, since then the connection is at least encrypted.
    At a first glance I thought it would be just a bug that might be fixed after some days, but it is in there for months now.

I'll keep you updated.

• 4.  RE: SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:37 AM

I would consider this a bug as a dropdown with a single option does not make sense to me.
    It seems there is a open request CN-225848 to address this, if you run into this issue please report to Aruba Support and make sure your case gets linked to that request ID.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:44 AM

Hi Herman,

thanks for adding this reference. I will let the support now once I got a response.

Best Regards
    Christian

• 6.  RE: SSID Security - 'Enhanced open' option missing for Cloud Guest

Posted Apr 26, 2023 04:17 AM

I was in contact with the support and they told me that they can not fix it before the next general update.
    Really annoying. This is open for some time and a security issue.
    Strange that something like this does not come up with testing before releasing an update.
    Shocking from a QA point of view.