Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Stacking 3810M

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Stacking 3810M

Posted 21 days ago

Got two of 3810M (Aruba JL075A 3810M-16SFP+-2-slot Switch) running on version 16.11.0018. Don't have any back plane stacking module for now so was hoping I can use the front ports to stack these two switches. Can't seem to see any documentation to get this done. All documents I've check is only for backplane stacking. Does this model support VSF stacking?

• 2.  RE: Stacking 3810M
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted 21 days ago
    No, it doesn't. The Aruba 3810M switch series supports only backplane stacking with dedicated hardware Stacking Modules and dedicated Stacking Cables (No VSF).

• 3.  RE: Stacking 3810M

Posted 21 days ago

Thanks @parnassus

• 4.  RE: Stacking 3810M

Posted 21 days ago

Got 2 HP3800 and they are stacked however one have been missing from the stack for about two weeks now without a resolution. So, I've cleared connections from that missing member. Was thinking of removing the stack on the HP3800 and use the stacking module and cables on HP3810M? Hopefully it is compatible with the HP3810M

• 5.  RE: Stacking 3810M

MVP GURU
    Posted 21 days ago
    Hi! I don't remember but, if I were you, I will double check the Aruba 3810M Switch series QuickSpecs to find SKUs of supported Stacking Module and Cables before supposing it could work, just to be sure SKUs used on HP 3800 could be reused into Aruba 3810M.

As example, Stacking cables (take the HPE Aruba Networking 3800/3810M 0.5m Stacking Cable Product Number J9578A as an example) work on both series BUT, if I recall correctly, supported Stacking modules SKUs are different on those series (they are technologically different) so you can't expect that the HP 3800 stacking module (J9577A) is supported on the Aruba 3810M switch series and vice-versa the Aruba 3810M stacking module (JL084A) isn't supported on the HP 3800 switch series.

• 6.  RE: Stacking 3810M

Posted 21 days ago

Hello,

Unfortunately no, this 3810M family only works with BPS - Backplane Stacking.

------------------------------
    Leonardo Xavier
    Analista de Redes
    hcor
    acma
    ------------------------------