Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

STATIC ROUTE

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  STATIC ROUTE

Posted 19 days ago
    help me, I'm having problems with static routes.
    I have vlan 200 with IP 10.0.0.1/16
    when I enter the command 
    ip route-static 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 the sentence "invalid netxhop address" appears
    I'm currently using an HPE 5140 switch

• 2.  RE: STATIC ROUTE

Posted 19 days ago

The route-static command takes <destination subnet> <netmask> <next-hop-gateway>; so you try to set a default route (0.0.0.0/0) to 255.255.0.0 as default gateway, which should be an IP address in one of your directly connected subnets.

Not sure how your network looks like, so hard to tell what you should configure here.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: STATIC ROUTE

MVP GURU
    Posted 19 days ago
    Hi, on the command you tried (you were adding a Default Route so for any IP, any Mask via the Next Hop Gateway):

ip route-static 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0

the Next Hop Gateway IP Address simply can't be 255.255.0.0, generally it could be your Firewall o whatever other directly connected router to any other non directly connected networks.