Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Status in Endpoint

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Status in Endpoint

Posted May 07, 2023 05:04 PM

I'm sure that I'm just missing something here.  I would like to add the status condition from my endpoints to my enforcement policy for MAC auth.  Is this possible?

For instance I would like to manually move the endpoint status to Known and have this be part of my enforcement.

Thanks!
    Jason

• 2.  RE: Status in Endpoint

Posted May 08, 2023 01:28 AM

If i understand you, you want to change the status of an endpoint by the enforcement policy?
    If yes, do it by creating post-auth profile and in the rules, add: 

Status-Update : Endpoint : Known

and then add to your enforcement policy.

• 3.  RE: Status in Endpoint
    Best Answer

Posted May 16, 2023 10:20 AM

This did not work.  There is a condition you can use in role mapping or enforcement (where I chose) to match the known/unknown condition of the endpoint.

Authentication:MacAuth equals KnownClient (or UnknownClient)

I did find this in documentation.  It was kind of obscure but a little configuration and testing confirmed my configuration.

• 4.  RE: Status in Endpoint

Posted May 08, 2023 06:27 AM

Easiest way is to add enforcement profile [Update Endpoint Known] to your enforcement policy.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Status in Endpoint

Posted May 09, 2023 11:46 AM

You may already be aware but just in case you are not,  you can use mac-auth instead of allow-all-mac-auth auth-source to automatically reject any devices that are not marked "known"

• 6.  RE: Status in Endpoint

Posted May 09, 2023 11:51 AM

Just to add to this thread with regard to mac authentication.  You can utilize the auth method [MAC-AUTHENTICATION] vs the [ALLOW ALL MAC AUTHENTICATION] to reject any auths that are not from devices that are marked "KNOWN".  Alternatively you can use [ALLOW ALL MAC AUTHENTICATION] along with profiling data to select the appropriate enforcements.