Comware

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Struggling with Rack Server and Aruba Switch 6200. Any Advice?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Struggling with Rack Server and Aruba Switch 6200. Any Advice?

Posted 3 days ago

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing some issues with my rack server setup and an Aruba Switch 6200. I'm relatively new to managing network hardware and could really use some advice from those more experienced.

Here are some details about my setup:

• Rack Server: Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650, Dual Intel Xeon Gold 5218, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB NVMe SSD
    • Aruba Switch 6200: Running the latest firmware (version 10.07)

The Issues:

1. Connectivity Problems: The server intermittently loses connection to the network. This happens sporadically, and I can't seem to pinpoint the cause.
    2. Configuration Challenges: I'm struggling with the initial configuration of the Aruba switch. The documentation is helpful but can be a bit overwhelming.
    3. Performance: When the connection does work, the performance seems subpar. I'm not sure if this is due to a configuration issue or something else.

Steps I've Taken:

• Updated the firmware on the Aruba switch
    • Checked and replaced cables to rule out physical connection issues
    • Tried different ports on the switch

Despite these efforts, the issues persist. Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Are there specific settings or configurations on the Aruba Switch 6200 that I should be aware of? Any troubleshooting tips or resources you could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2.  RE: Struggling with Rack Server and Aruba Switch 6200. Any Advice?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

The Aruba 6200 is a CX switch and I noticed you posted this in the Comware catagory which might limit the number of responses you get. Just wanted you to be aware. 

As for the switch code you mentioned 10.07 and you mentioned you upgraded the switch. Did you upgrade to the latest 10.07 or is that the initial code version prior to the upgrade? I'd recommend upgrading to the latest LSR version. Be sure to read through the release notes prior to he upgrade. 10.13.1030 is the latest LSR as of today. 

Without knowing more about your setup it is hard to determine what might be the issue. Are you connected at 1G or 10G? Are you using a single connection or are you utilizing Link Aggregation on multiple links?  Is it all layer 2 or are you doing any routing on the switch?

I know you checked and replaced the cables but you might look at the interface of the switch to see if you are getting an errors on the port to verify the physical connection is good. Are you seeing any log messages when the issue occurs. If you https into the switch and look at the NAE information do you see any issues there?

Be happy to assist further once more information is provided.