Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Taking a New Professional Cert to Defend the ACEP?

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Taking a New Professional Cert to Defend the ACEP?

Posted Jan 06, 2023 09:18 AM

Hello,

I currently have the ACEP from the ACMP, ACDP, and ACCP. I would like to defend my certs, so I'll most likely be looking at doing the ACEP recertification exam. It would be nice to do something fresh by studying for the security track. However, achieving the ACP or any other new professional exam won't defend my existing ACEP, right (ACMP, ACDP, ACCP)? If not, are there any considerations for adding this path in the future?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Taking a New Professional Cert to Defend the ACEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2023 10:48 AM
    Looks like the way to do it would be to re-certify for your ACEP with what you have. Then do the Security track to the Professional level (ACP), where it becomes part of your ACEP. Next time you re-certify, it should then be a part of it.

• 3.  RE: Taking a New Professional Cert to Defend the ACEP?

Posted Jan 16, 2023 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the response. I'm going to defend what I have after I take the associate security exam (exam this Wednesday). I'm debating if I'm going to do the professional track since it covers many products my organization doesn't even have. But I've read most of the book already, so we'll see.

• 4.  RE: Taking a New Professional Cert to Defend the ACEP?

Posted Jan 17, 2023 02:07 AM
    Hi

As you have the ACCP certificate I do not think the ACP -  Network Security certification will be too hard. It's a rather big overlap. If you have studied the book already, give it a try.

Good luck!

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------