Higher Education

View Only
last person joined: 21 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Teacher controlled Internet Access

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Teacher controlled Internet Access

Posted Jan 29, 2024 12:27 PM

Hi guys,

I'm tasked with the idea to disconnect student's from 24/7 internet through school wifi, and let teachers control internet access for their class's students in a time-specific manner.
    e.g. students are given internet access for 30 minutes for an assignment, and the teacher can 'switch on' access with a simple self-service portal. After time is up, internet access is retracted automatically.

Any idea if this can be done purely with Clearpass alone?

Thanks for all your input.

• 2.  RE: Teacher controlled Internet Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2024 11:14 AM

I don't think you can make that really easy with ClearPass. One challenge is how to know which clients belong to students in a specific class, and which to the classroom next door.

In the past there were third party solutions that built such classroom management, but it has been a while since I last saw those, so can't really help with that. Others may know some product that works well (or not..)?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------