Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Time range profiles

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Time range profiles

Posted 12 days ago

Hello,

We are in the process of moving from an Instant environment managed by Airwave to a Controller based environment with Clearpass.

One thing that I found helpfull in Airwave was that I could set up Time Range  profiles for certain sites that wanted the guest SSID to be turned off during non-business hours by applying it to that SSID on that instant-cluster.

I'm not really finding that it works the same way on the controller though.

I would like to only apply it to a SSID in a specific AP-group however it seems that SSID settings are global so the Time Range profile I try to set up is applied to the entire environment.

Is it possible to limit the scope or do I have to figured out a different way to do this ?

And if that is the case tips would be appreciated .

• 2.  RE: Time range profiles
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

In the Virtual AP profile (System > Profiles > Wireless LAN) look for the "Deny time range" dropdown under the Advanced section in the UI (in the CLI it would be deny-time-range) and select a range. You may have to create one if the two included default time ranges don't line up with what you want:

time-range periodic working-hours 
        Weekday 08:00 to 18:00 
    !
    time-range periodic night-hours 
        Weekday 18:01 to 23:59 
        Weekday 00:00 to 07:59 
    !

If you're looking to have certain areas where guest is not disabled during non-business hours, you'll want to create and manage two VAPs for guest. One with the desired time range profile and one without. Then apply the respective VAPs to your target AP groups.

• 3.  RE: Time range profiles

Posted 11 days ago

The caveat that I forgot to mention is the the SSID name needed to be the same.

I had tried something similiar as what you suggested earlier but ran into the issue that it complained about duplicate SSID.

However with your help I managed to figure out that it wasn't that I 'couldn't created a duplicate SSID' it was rather that I 'couldn't have two VAP's with the same SSID name in one AP group'.

Thanks for the help :)

• 4.  RE: Time range profiles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

That's correct, you have to use different AP groups in this scenario. Glad you got it working.