Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Time(Clock) discapency (One -1-hour) in logging event after reboot

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Time(Clock) discapency (One -1-hour) in logging event after reboot

Posted Jan 02, 2023 05:43 PM
    In Aruba-cx 10.11 and prior:

2023-01-02T 23:20:28.806849+01:00 Stack log-mgmtd[3407]: Event|1231|LOG_INFO|CDTR|1|Syslog client restarted due to configuration change.

2023-01-02T 22:20:28.691043+00:00 6300 hpe-cardd[894]: Event|3204|LOG_INFO|CDTR|1|Line module 1/1 is ready

All lines have 22:xx:xx from start to the change to 23:xx:xx
    (23, been the right time)

Make note of the change in line: from 6300 hpe-cardd[894]: to Stack log-mgmtd[3407]:

Please fix

(no central/ZTP)[ntp works fine]

Steinar

• 2.  RE: Time(Clock) discapency (One -1-hour) in logging event after reboot
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2023 03:26 AM
    Please check the +00:00 in the 22:20:28 and the +01:00 in the 23:20:28 timestamp.
    The +00:00 is in UTC (not timezone applied); the +01:00 is with your timezone applied, you are apparently somewhere in the UTC+1 timezone.
    Technically, both timestamps are correct but I agree that either all, or none of the timestamps should be in local time; except if you change the timezone in the configuration change.

To get it fixed, TAC/Engineering will need specific information from your switch, so please open a TAC case and let them file a bug for this behavior.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Time(Clock) discapency (One -1-hour) in logging event after reboot

Posted Jan 03, 2023 04:04 AM

Thank you for that, I actually have missed that one J

Even if it have caused some confusion from time to time,
    I can live with it, as I know where to see..

Steinar