Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Troubleshooting Central onboarding

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Troubleshooting Central onboarding

Posted 18 days ago

Is there documentation on how to troubleshoot central? I have a Virtual Controller that I installed on my ESXi host. Initially this controller was able to reach Central but after I deleted it from the group it won't connect anymore. On my firewall I see the controller reaching out to Central but nothing seems to come back. I can also open a ticket but it would be great if I can troubleshoot it from central. I cannot log into the controller because I don't know what password to use on a new controller.

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: Troubleshooting Central onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

I don't think virtual controllers can be managed by Central. There are VPNCs that can be managed form Central, and in SD-Branch AOS8.x.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Troubleshooting Central onboarding

Posted 18 days ago

Hi Herman,

I thought this link Deploying Aruba Virtual Gateways in ESXi (Manual Mode) (arubanetworks.com) describes how to deploy virtual gateways managed by Aruba Central. In Aruba central, under Network Services you can instantiate them. The manual Virtual Gateway is for ESXi hosted environments.

• 4.  RE: Troubleshooting Central onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 17 days ago

Correct, that documentation is about SD-Branch (For example, the OVA image name format is- ArubaOS_VGW_8.6.0.4-2.2.0.0_76431.ova; which is a virtual SD-Branch gateway).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Troubleshooting Central onboarding

Posted 17 days ago

One thing that would help me is the default username and password of a VPNC before it is able to establish connectivity to Central. For some reason mine would register. TAC asks me to run show commands but I can't even log into it. The usual admin/serial does not work. I cannot find it in any documentation

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company