Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to connect the controller with APs

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Trying to connect the controller with APs

Posted Sep 07, 2022 11:01 AM

Hello;

I'm just a beginner and I need some help to connect Unifi controller with the access points.

I have an HPE 1920s and an unifi controller who is connected to the native port and I also have an access point who is connected to the trunk port because I need to share tow SSID with different VLANs.

The issue is that I can't reach the access points who are connected to the trunk port.

i know that i'm misssing something in the configuration like i need to push the dhcp config in the trunk mode or something like that.

• 2.  RE: Trying to connect the controller with APs

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 08, 2022 07:50 AM
    This would be the wrong forum to discuss Unifi Controllers. But for the switch and APs, make sure your AP VLAN is the native VLAN on the trunk ports going to the APs. In other words, the VLAN you plan on using for the AP management should be untagged, and you should have a DHCP scope set up for that Subnet. If the DHCP server does not exist on the same VLAN, then you may have to configure ip-helper addresses on the VLAN L3 interface.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------