Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Tunnel not connected between Gateway and AP.

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Tunnel not connected between Gateway and AP.

Posted 27 days ago

Hi,

I have an Aruba 7205 Gateway and an AP-505 (on a remote site) managed by Aruba Central -> firmware 10.5.1.0_89166
    A firewall stands between the two sites. The protocols ESP50,AH 51, GRE, UDP:4500 are allowed.

Based on the locations, the Tunnel Orchestrator service should  build a GRE or IPSec tunnel.

But, the "show ata endpoint" shows a tunnel "Connecting" and not "connected" and the radios stay down.

Do you have any idea to help me solve this issue ?

Thanks,

Hervé

• 2.  RE: Tunnel not connected between Gateway and AP.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 27 days ago

in your case you need to configure the remote AP (AP-505) as a microbranch.

Here is the microbranch overview and deployments

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Tunnel not connected between Gateway and AP.

Posted 26 days ago

Do you have MPLS or a VPN tunnel between the sites already? Or should the AP connect directly to a public IP of the gateway?

If you have already an IP connectivity, the AP should try to connect to the system IP of the gateway. You should see that traffic in the firewall. 

If you don't, you need to configure the AP as a microbranch AP, so it can create its own IPsec tunnel through the internet directly.

Thanks,
    Bjarne