Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

UCC data on MC

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  UCC data on MC

Posted Jul 18, 2022 01:49 PM
    Hello,

On the MM we can see data for UCC clients - we can see a breakdown of applications which is useful. But there's very little data about call quality (see attached pics). Is this something we can improve? Is there a particular reason why this might be the case?

Thank you,

Guy

• 2.  RE: UCC data on MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2022 05:15 PM
    Not all applications provide call quality statistics.  The encrypted protocols like Skype for Business require you to setup an interface with a call server to obtain that information.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: UCC data on MC

Posted Jul 20, 2022 05:35 PM
    Ok thanks Colin

• 4.  RE: UCC data on MC

Posted Jul 25, 2022 05:13 AM
    Hello again @cjoseph - just to follow up on this - I accept your answer but would you expect there to be so little data, as the screenshot shows we are seeing just 80 out of 60,000 clients!

• 5.  RE: UCC data on MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2022 05:27 AM
    I would say that it is easier to identify a call via heuristics than to provide call quality metrics for that call.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 6.  RE: UCC data on MC

Posted Jul 25, 2022 11:05 AM
    Hi Colin, 

I also have a few questions regarding this subject. 

I've been doing some testing with WhatsApp which doesn't seem to get categorised in the UCC client tables? Is there any way around this i.e. create a custom application and apply it to the user role? 

Within the voip-applications-acl it references 'app alg-teams-audio' etc. but there are also separate policies such 'skype4b-acl'. Is everything we need included in the voip-applications-acl and there's no need to add the additional policies to the user roles? 

We recently moved to 8.10.0.2 from 8.7.1.9. Post upgrade we starting receiving reports that Wi-Fi calling had stopped working. We had to apply the voip-applications-acl + wificalling-acl to the user roles in order to rectify this - these were not included before the upgrade and things were working, to our knowledge. Have you heard of this behaviour elsewhere?