Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to remotely access switch

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Unable to remotely access switch

Posted 25 days ago

Hows it going folks?

I have a question and it might be a noob one at that.

I am unable to remotely access a 6300 switch.

I can ping the IP address of the switch and tracert works fine. I can get to the WebUI of the switch. I do not have the login creds so I am not able to log in through the WebUI. When I try to putty into the switch I get a time out. I am not able to discover the device when I try to use NetEdit and we are not in Central yet. I do not know if we have the loopback configured so I do not know if that will work.

Once I am in the switch all I can think of to check is the ssh server to see if it is on the right vrf. Anything else anybody can think of to try to troubleshoot not being able to remote into the switch?

• 2.  RE: Unable to remotely access switch

Posted 25 days ago

Yeah. Usual susspects ssh server on wrong vrf or not enabled at all, ACLs that maybe limit access to management.

Try to configure mgmt port for management. 

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024

• 3.  RE: Unable to remotely access switch

MVP EXPERT
    Posted 25 days ago

Below CLI context is default enabled and should give you access to CLI and HTTPs.

ssh server vrf default
    ssh server vrf mgmt
    https-server vrf default
    https-server vrf mgmt

Be sure there are no firewall rules between your client vlan and switch management vlan.

Questions:

• Source IP
      • Destination IP
      • Firewall between client IP and Switch?
      • Firmware level? (suggest latest LSR release)
      • Any ACLs configured on the switch?

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 4.  RE: Unable to remotely access switch

Posted 25 days ago

Yeah,

I will have to see once I can get those login credentials what it tells me.