Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to see all running backups for the switches on IMC server.

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  unable to see all running backups for the switches on IMC server.

Posted Jun 05, 2023 07:22 AM

Hello,

I am facing two  issue as I am new to HP IMC tool.

Issue 1:

I am unable to see all running backups for the switches (around 250 HP aruba switches in the network) on IMC server. Path(<IMC>\server\data\cfgbak\). at the same time if I login into IMC tool and go to service-configuration center-back up history report. I am able to see back up and running config succeed. so someone can help me out to understand how to verify where my back up is going and storing?

Issue 2:

I am testing if I can restore running config on existing HP aruba switch but getting failed. Its giving below error.

Failed to execute script.

Index  Description  Result  Suggestion  Begin Time Finish Time
    1 Initialize task parameters. Succeeded. 2023-06-05 04:33:35 2023-06-05 04:33:36
    2 Back up device's startup configuration file to system. Failed to send configuration file from the device to the system by TFTP. 1. Use the display startup command to check whether the startup configuration file exists on the device. If not, execute the save command.
    2. Check that the TFTP user has high-enough access right to the InstallDir/server/tmp directory. The TFTP user should have the read and write right at least.
    3. The system failed to send the GetNext response. Capture packets to verify the condition.
    4. Check that if exist firewall.
    5. Check that if the TFTP Server is running.
    6. Check that if the device TFTP Client IP address is correct.
    2023-06-05 04:33:37 2023-06-05 04:34:07
    3 Initialize redo task parameters. Succeeded. 2023-06-05 04:34:07 2023-06-05 04:34:08
    4 Back up device startup configuration file to system by script. Succeeded. 2023-06-05 04:34:09 2023-06-05 04:35:17
    5 Deploy startup configuration to device by script. Failed to execute script. 1.Please check if the script is correct.
    2.Please check if the network connection to device is normal.
    3.Please check if the (T)FTP Server is running.
    4.Please check if the FTP username and password are correct.
    2023-06-05 04:35:18 2023-06-05 04:36:24

• 2.  RE: unable to see all running backups for the switches on IMC server.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2023 03:34 PM

Hi Pak448:

1. IMC does not back up the file if the configuration has not changed, and the backup will be successful, as IMC has got the configuration and checked it with the last one. You can check the date of the last backup from the device page configuration tab. In the link name will be the date of the last saved backup.
    2.  It appears there are connectivity issues between the switch and IMC.  'Failed to execute script' should be a link to the log, what is displayed when you click on it?  Please open a support case for analysis.

------------------------------
    Kind Regards
    Paola
    ------------------------------