View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx

Posted 25 days ago

Hello everyone, 

I am planning to upgrade several switches (2930F & 5406Rzl2) that are not managed via Aruba Central from major version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx. If I upgrade each switch from one major version to the next major version, it will take too long. 

Unfortunately I have not found any information about the upgrade path in the release notes or I have not fully understood it. 

Does anyone know the upgrade path or has experience?

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

If there are no remarks in the release notes, you can upgrade directly to the new version. From what I remember there may be some remarks about bootrom upgrades, that take some additional time (but you would need go that anyway, even if you hop through all major versions), and remarks about downgrading below certain version. In general with AOS Switch, I've seen little restrictions.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx

Posted 24 days ago

Thank you Herman

• 4.  RE: Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx

Posted 23 days ago

Hi Day,

in some cases not only bootrom's must be updated. I have seen, cases, where also the ASIC's needs an update. But this will you see, when you get an warning before the reboot, because you must "allow" the ASIC update.:

boot system primary|secondary
    <number> non-failsafe device(s) also need to be updated.
    Please run the 'allow-unsafe-updates' command to enable these updates.

Then you must say no and enable it before via:

allow-unsafe-updates 30

• 5.  RE: Upgrade Path from the Major Version 16.06.xxxx to 16.11.xxxx

Posted 21 days ago

Hi NetTux, 

i will keep that in my mind.