Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Uploading list of APs with Serial Numbers, MAC Addresses and Names.

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Uploading list of APs with Serial Numbers, MAC Addresses and Names.

Posted May 15, 2023 11:46 AM

I am deploying Aruba WLAN for one customer and all APs and switches will be managed from Aruba Central. I want to add devices to HPE Green Lake by uploading a csv file. The customer provided me with an excel sheet that includes all serial numbers, MAC addresses and AP names he wants to configure.  

I downloaded the sample file, but there is no field for AP name. There are two columns for "tag:name1" and "tag:name2", but not sure how to use these tags and couldn't find clear documentation about them. 

my questions are:

1- Is there a way to include AP names when adding devices to Green Lake so no need to configure them one by one later?

2- What is the use of "tag:name1" and "tag:name2" when uploading cvs file in "Manage Devices" in Green Lake?

3- What is the easiest way to update all APs named using one excel/csv file

• 2.  RE: Uploading list of APs with Serial Numbers, MAC Addresses and Names.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2023 01:18 AM

I had to look it up.
    it seems tags  are form of metadata that gets applied to any resource and mainly used to categorise
    Here is the user guide for GLCP.
    the easiest way to change the AP names are to use Central Automation Studio
    you basically use the API calls to change them.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------