Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Urgent Technical Support for Aruba AP's Controllers Series 7210 , Serial Number: CV0018889 & CV0019069 Model: ARCN0100

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Urgent Technical Support for Aruba AP's Controllers Series 7210 , Serial Number: CV0018889 & CV0019069 Model: ARCN0100

Posted 16 days ago

To whom it may Concern,

I trust this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention an ongoing issue I have been facing over the last month. I deployed an Aruba controller at my client's workspace, equipped with an inventory of 108 access points, all of which are registered with licenses.

However, I have encountered difficulties with the accurate count of the access points the controller is reflecting. At times, it shows varying numbers, such as 80 or 90, but not consistently the expected 108, despite the full installation of access points on site.

To troubleshoot, I have meticulously traced down access points using their MAC addresses on the controller. Curiously, devices that were active one day are not listed the next, while others not listed previously suddenly appear as active. Furthermore, some devices appear to be in setup mode but are not reflected in the default group.

I have physically inspected each device to ensure they are receiving power and are connected to the network. However, I have yet to resolve the discrepancy in the controller's reporting.

Given the impending deadline for the handover to the client, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in finding a solution to this issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Ahmad Choudhry

• 2.  RE: Urgent Technical Support for Aruba AP's Controllers Series 7210 , Serial Number: CV0018889 & CV0019069 Model: ARCN0100

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 16 days ago

For support request, especially when they are urgent, you should contact TAC instead of posting on this forum. It's not meant for urgent issues.

The issue that you have should leave traces in the controller logs.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Urgent Technical Support for Aruba AP's Controllers Series 7210 , Serial Number: CV0018889 & CV0019069 Model: ARCN0100

Posted 11 days ago

As information you provided is very limited, there is not much we can do on forum. As Herman pointed out, this is a case for TAC. There were many instances of such a behavior in older versions of OS. Check release notes and upgrade to the latest LSR version available. 

I observed such a behavior years ago on MM and it was sync issue between MM and MDs.

Best, Gorazd 

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024