Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

use AP-225 with IAP-207 as controller

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  use AP-225 with IAP-207 as controller

Posted Jan 24, 2023 03:28 PM
    Good morning
    I have some AP-225 (JW174A) which occupy a controller, it is planned to acquire an IAP-207 (JX954A) do you know if this is possible?
    Since it strikes me, that the IAP-207 has a RW in its nomenclature.
    Greetings

• 2.  RE: use AP-225 with IAP-207 as controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2023 05:36 PM
    They would both have to be IAPs in the same regulatory domain to work together, unfortunately.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: use AP-225 with IAP-207 as controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2023 11:56 AM
    Not fully sure what you want to know.

JW174A = AP-225 Campus Access point, which indeed requires a controller to operate.
    IAP-207-RW = Rest-of-world unified AP, which can run as Aruba Instant (controller-less or built-in virtual controller) or as campus AP.

If you have enough licenses on your controller, and the controller runs a firmware version that supports the AP-207, you can convert an IAP-207-RW to campus mode and add that to the controller (or replace the AP-225).

Best to work with your Aruba Partner if you are unsure.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.