View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Used PLINK to auto logon SSH to Aruba Switch

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Used PLINK to auto logon SSH to Aruba Switch

Posted Nov 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Hello, 

I need your help, I have a powershell script to backup the switch configuration. On Alcatel no problem, everything works fine, but I'm having a problem with Aruba switches 3810M . 

Here's the script: 
    echo yes| plink IP_ADD -l user -pw pwd 'show running-config' > F:\data\04.Documentation\Networking\Switch\Backup\$(get-date -f yyyy-MM-dd)_SWI.conf

So the script simply connects to SSH with the given information, performs a show run and then copies and pastes the configuration into a file, naming it with the current date.
    My problem with Aruba is that I get a .txt file with the right name in the right place, but when I open it I get the message
    "SSH command execution is not supported."
    I already looked at different discussion about this topic in this forum but nothing helps me.
    Like this one : 
    Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Used PLINK to auto logon SSH to Aruba Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 09:05 AM

I think PLINK is trying to run command execution, instead of typing commands and capturing the output. As the message tells, command execution over SSH is not supported for ArubaOS Switches.

For collecting the switch configuration, you may use the job command to schedule a configuration archive. See here for more info about that.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------