Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using an AP-225 as a home stand alone Access point

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Using an AP-225 as a home stand alone Access point

Posted 13 days ago

I have acquired an AP-225 and want to set it up on my home network to act as another Wi-Fi Access point, but it doesn't seem to to broadcast an SSID so I cant connect to it to set it up. I have tried a factory reset.

Is this possible.

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Using an AP-225 as a home stand alone Access point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

For standalone operations you would need an IAP-225 model. The AP-225 requires a controller to operate.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Using an AP-225 as a home stand alone Access point

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Herman

Damn, that is what I was starting to suspect, thanks for confirming, will need to return it, shame, it looked like it would have been an ideal for my use, I know they are discontinued, but great quality and functionality compared with consumer Aps

Thanks very much for your swift response.

BR

Andy

• 4.  RE: Using an AP-225 as a home stand alone Access point

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Herman

I have acquired what has been described as an IAP-325 (see image of label on rear), however when I power this up, I can not detect a broadcast SSID of the format SetMeUp 

This is what I should expect isn't it?

Any Ideas?

Many thanks

Andy