Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

using insigfht queries as part of the enforcement process

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  using insigfht queries as part of the enforcement process

Posted Mar 25, 2024 07:34 AM

We have a number of domain joined windows machines that normally perform eap-tls auth to connect to our  wired network.

Occasionally an end user can instigate an elective rebuild  to rebuild their system.  As this is a windows rebuild theres a possibility that there will be a macauth in the middle of the rebuild. ( rebuilding the machine means that  it needs to wait for a gpo push for  a new cert)... in which case the device will get dropped into our captive portal vlan and. the rebuild will  fail.

Can i use  insight as part of of the auth / process so that if  a mac address has performed a eap-tls within a given  time  interval I can push a different. enforcement policy. to enable the rebuild to continue?

i can  push an attribute into endpoints  indicating last eap-tls, auth time and use that but just wondering if using  insight to  find last TLS auth might be a solution

A

A

• 2.  RE: using insigfht queries as part of the enforcement process

Posted Mar 25, 2024 10:19 AM

Hi

This can be implemented with the Endpoints repository instead. In a large environment Insight database may not be active on all servers. Instead the Insight DB only exists on a few servers. 

The process I usually utilize in this scenario is to have an enforcement profile writing a time stamp to the Endpoints database, the same type as utilized for guest and MAC caching, but to a custom attribute.

During the MAC auth this attribute is checked for the authorization of the client.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: using insigfht queries as part of the enforcement process

Posted Mar 25, 2024 10:33 AM
    Hi,
    :-) which is exactly what I was going to do b4 I thought about using insight
    Thx
    A