Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Instant IAP-325 as Stand Alone home AP

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Using Instant IAP-325 as Stand Alone home AP

Posted 15 days ago

I have acquired what has been described as an IAP-325 (see image of label on rear), however when I power this up, I can not detect a broadcast SSID of the format SetMeUp:xx.xx.xx 

The last section of label below the last barcode says (IAP-325 US), so looks like it is an Instant IAP-325.

This is what I should expect isn't it?

I was wondering if the previous owners may have re-flashed it a a standard AP-325 without web access and setup and only via a network controller, which I don't have)

Any Ideas and suggestions would be most welcome?

Many thanks

Andy

• 2.  RE: Using Instant IAP-325 as Stand Alone home AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 15 days ago

In a factory default state and not joined to Central or a local IAP cluster on the same network segment, you should see the SetMeUp SSID.

Try consoling in (9600/8/N/1) and reboot the AP. The output should indicate the relevant information, but you may need to factory default the AP. Process is in the installation guide.

• 3.  RE: Using Instant IAP-325 as Stand Alone home AP

Posted 14 days ago

Hi

I have discovered the problem. The AP will not broadcast and SSID (SetMeUp or any) unless there is an ethernet cable plugged into port 0

Not sure why that should be a requirement, as I wanted to configure the AP before attaching to the network.

Thanks for your help

BR

Andy

• 4.  RE: Using Instant IAP-325 as Stand Alone home AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

Glad you figured it out. What you observed is the default behavior. There are options to allow the AP to broadcast without an active uplink if required, but out of the box we expect the AP is plugged into the network for initial setup.