Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

Posted Mar 10, 2023 11:03 AM

Hello all,

The UXI alerts are too sensitive.  It triggered on every miss response to the poling.  I tried to set the alert thresholds to 30 minutes response but UXI did not response to this setting.  I already open ticket and requested "feature enhancement" as suggested. 

Am I misconfiguration somewhere?

My Alert threshold configuration, and two reds cause two alerts.

------------------------------
    Trinh Nguyen.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 02:04 AM

It appears your DHCP server did not respond at all? You don't want to know when this occurs in your network? I believe the alert you are seeing in the screen shot is NOT a delay in DHCP, but a failure.

A 30 minute response time for DHCP would result in a negative impact for your clients. Maybe something in the single digit seconds would be more appropriate if you want it to be a "long" response time threshold?

• 3.  RE: UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

Posted Mar 20, 2023 07:50 PM

"A 30 minute response time for DHCP would result in a negative impact for your clients. "  That is for customer to decide.

For Cape Network, the maker of UXI, should you make it work if you have "the feature" configure in the settings? 

• 4.  RE: UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2023 07:41 PM

When setting the threshold configuration for the error state to 100 seconds for 30 minutes the result is that an error state will be generated for this test when the DHCP response remains more than 100 seconds for a 30 minute period. 100 seconds is the maximum threshold that can be set for the response time. The second variable in the threshold refers to the length of time the response time must remain at this length of time for before the error state is reached (e.g. more than 1.666 minutes for 30 minutes).

Your screenshot showing two reds are described as "No response from DHCP server" which is a different error state to what you are configuring in thresholds. 

I was unable to set my DHCP server response time delay longer than 1000 ms unfortunately so I am unable to test extraordinary response delays in a controlled environment.

• 5.  RE: UXI Alerts are too sensitive. Thresholds Settings not working

Posted Mar 22, 2023 01:50 PM

It just happened that I pick the one with two consecutive reds which is not very often as you can see in my last 30 days DHCP status.  This sensor monitoring the wireless mesh point, so some occasions of drop DHCP, DNS, ... are expected.  My problem is the alert triggers on every red. 

Can alerts be configured to be triggered only after two or three consecutive red?  If my configuration is incorrect as you mentioned, how can I configure for "alert when no response from DHCP for x minutes"