Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

UXI Real World Example - Reported Problem after Remote Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  UXI Real World Example - Reported Problem after Remote Firmware Upgrade

Posted Jul 06, 2022 08:57 AM

Overview

This is a real-world example of how useful UXI can be.

• I initiated a firmware upgrade of the instant cluster in the Sydney Solution Centre on Saturday night.
    • The next morning, I saw there were a lot of email notifications from UXI.
    • UXI dashboard showed big changes for almost all measurements.
    • I went back to the previous firmware version, and UXI was able to validate that the problem was resolved.

Problem Notification

I saw multiple email alerts from UXI similar to this one:

After logging in to the UXI dashboard, it was obvious that something was not right, and the start time for the reported issues was just after the firmware upgrade finished.
    Nearly all measurements showed significant discrepancies to the baseline following the firmware upgrade.

Solution Validation

I went back to the previous firmware version (pushed out from Central), and UXI was able to validate that the problem was resolved.
    Following the firmware rollback, most measurements were close to the previous baseline.

Conclusion

• This was a remote site, with no other way to test wireless functionality.
    • UXI was able to highlight a problem so it could be resolved before people complained about it on Monday.
    • UXI was also able to validate that the resolution was successful.

------------------------------
    Richard Litchfield
    Airheads MVP 2020, 2021, 2022

• 2.  RE: UXI Real World Example - Reported Problem after Remote Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2022 06:25 AM
    Thank you for posting this for others to see!  You are a great Aruban!!!

• 3.  RE: UXI Real World Example - Reported Problem after Remote Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2022 07:14 AM
    and you can integrate UXI with Aruba Central to see its alerts in one dash.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.