Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

VC APs firmware upgrade

This thread has been viewed 48 times
  • 1.  VC APs firmware upgrade

Posted Jan 28, 2023 05:58 PM
    Hi,

I am new to Aruba APs and central.

We have a VC cluster with AP304 and AP505, running 8.6.0.16_83052 version. In Central under Firmware the Upgrade Status is "Firmware Up to Date" and recommended version is the one we run, however I can see there are later versions available and it looks like I can upgrade to them, also Aruba documentation states that our APs support later version, so why is it saying "Firmware Up to Date"?

I really need to go over 8.7 version.

Thanks,
    David

• 2.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

Posted Jan 29, 2023 03:07 PM
    its showing up to date as it is in compliance with the selected compliance value

if you want to change this you can set a different value for the group

• 3.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

Posted Jan 29, 2023 04:22 PM
    ScottDoorey, thanks for replying, but I do not have "Compliance set-up. Does it mean that I can upgrade?

• 4.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2023 05:18 PM
    please open a TAC case with Aruba Support to sort it out for you.
    this is not normal.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 08:41 AM
    In my understanding, if you are running the recommended firmware (or newer), the update status show 'Firmware up to date' as you didn't configure anything to upgrade to newer firmware and there are no upgrade actions ongoing.

In most cases it's fine to move to a newer version, the 'recommended version' is somewhat conservative, and if you need features it's also valid to move to a newer version. I would not be too strict on that. See the recommended version more as a 'safe harbor', if you don't know what else to select.

If you want to upgrade, I would consider the latest version in 8.10 LSR for 304+505.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

Posted Feb 08, 2023 09:21 AM
    I meant to update this, but haven't had the time

Herman Roberts, you are correct. That is what Aruba support engineer tried to explain.

Conservative and Standard versions - 

• 7.  RE: VC APs firmware upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2023 03:45 AM

Please note that conservative and standard releases are obsolete and have been replaced by Long Supported Release (LSR) and Short Supported Release (SSR). Details and explanation here.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.