Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 10, 2022 02:52 AM
    Hello everyone

Since a month or two we experience following issue:
    Multiple Access-Points from different Organisations / Customer disconnect from aruba central. 
    These AP / Controllers are actually online and working. I can access them just fine by web GUI.
    I troubleshooted the problem and ended up just re assigning the license for each AP. After updating the changes the AP comes online without any problems.
    The issue is that they disconnect randomly, no fix license type, modell or organisation.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue?

• 2.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2022 04:49 AM
    Have not seen that personally, but please open a TAC case once you see the same to get that investigated and resolved.

Device/license management has merged to HPE GreenLake approximately in that timeframe, but other than that it is different, it should not result in behavior like you see.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:42 AM
    Hello @Herman Robers

I opened a TAC case but the team doesnt seem to understand the whole problem.
    Is there a way to escalate the case?

Best Regards
    Axel

• 4.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:55 AM
    Kindly provide the AOS version please 

Best Regards,

Rashed Basuleman

Senior Network Security Consultant

Qatar Project Group International LLC || PO 31714 || Doha || Qatar

Phone: +974 44412514 || Mobile: +974 55574956 || Fax: +974 44415279

E-mail: rb@qpgiqatar.com || Website: www.qpgiqatar.com

• 5.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 17, 2022 02:15 AM
    AUTO-ATH-2.5.4-269-P

• 6.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 17, 2022 02:31 AM
    You need to check with Aruba tac for this code some  8.x AOS  version is having some issues with the client connectivity.

Hope this will resolve the issue of you go for the conservative recommended AOS version.

Best Regards,

Rashed Basuleman

Senior Network Security Consultant

Qatar Project Group International LLC || PO 31714 || Doha || Qatar

Phone: +974 44412514 || Mobile: +974 55574956 || Fax: +974 44415279

E-mail: rb@qpgiqatar.com || Website: www.qpgiqatar.com

• 7.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

Posted Aug 17, 2022 03:03 AM
    Hi Rashed

There is a maintenance planed on friday.
    We will await the results next week.
    Thank you for your help :)

Best Regards,
    Axel

• 8.  RE: Virtual Controller disconnected from Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 12:01 PM
    I think you have an answer now, that this is supposed to be fixed in an update.

To answer your question: "Is there a way to escalate the case?"
    For others that have the question how to escalate a case: Find the TAC User Guide on the Aruba Support Portal under Resources. That document has all the information on how to work with TAC, including the escalation processes.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.