Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License

Posted Oct 17, 2022 01:58 PM
    I have installed a virtual controller and applied and eval license. The license is MC-VA-1K. When I added the license the controller reported that device and AP count is restricted to the platform limit of 10. I have not seen this before and as far as I know the eval is fully functional for 90 days. The eval description even says this itself.  Am I missing something?

• 2.  RE: Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2022 07:04 AM
    Found the issue - the VM did not have the correct resources in terms of CPU assigned. Added the correct number of CPU's and now it reports as MC-VA-1K

• 3.  RE: Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Smith, and what was the correct configuration of CPUs?
    Because I am having exactly the same problem 

• 4.  RE: Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 9 days ago

The correct number of CPU/mem/disk (system requirements) is dependent on the size of appliance that you install (MC-VA-xxxx) and is listed in the virtual controller installation guide.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Virtual controller limited to 10AP's with Eval License

Posted 8 days ago

Ok, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    I was not aware that this configuration had a direct influence on the limitations of the system in terms of the number of APs it could manage. I have revised the installation guide, corrected the hardware allocation and the "problem" has disappeared.