View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

vlan acess list

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  vlan acess list

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2023 10:33 AM
    Hi guys studying for Acsp , I could not understand completely  how vlan acls works , can someone Explain with an Example or could point to a document explaining this , That would be great! I have tried Racl in Aoscx simulator and it works ,but vlan acl does not work properly , does cx simulator support vlan acl ?

• 2.  RE: vlan acess list

Posted Jan 04, 2023 02:39 AM
    Hi

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.11/RN/rn_ova_10.11.0001.pdf

From the Release notes mac ACL is non-functional, so I assume you will have some problems with VLAN ACLs. I find the list of non-functional features in the release notes "non complete", so IP / IPV6 ACL on VLAN may hit the same thing as MAC ACL when you use it.

------------------------------
    Arne Opdal

• 3.  RE: vlan acess list

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2023 03:02 AM
    Hi,

Could you provide more details on "vlan acl does not work properly"? It is possible that the issue is not in the simulator, but in the way you design and apply VACLs.

VACLs are applied to a VLAN within the VLAN context. Inbound VACLs filter all traffic that arrives on a VLAN whether switched or routed. Outbound VACLs filter all traffic  that is forwarded out a VLAN, whether the source is within the same subnet (switched) or another subnet (routed). Because both inbound and outbound VACLs filter traffic that arrives on a VLAN and is switched out that VLAN, some of the traffic that they filter overlaps.

Ivan Bondar