Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Vlan X couldnt be found in database

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Vlan X couldnt be found in database

Posted Oct 25, 2023 11:36 AM

Hi Team,

I have a pair of L2 Redundant 7220 Controllers mangage by MM.

Software version - 8.7.1.11_84926

Recently during a troubleshoot session, i noticed i had 3 vlans that were seen as not found in database.

I am having issues getting IP address assignement via this vlan.

Upon checking my DHCP server, i can see that IP address has been assigned, however end device does not receive it.

Anyone faced this issue? I tried searching for an answer online but could not find one. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Vlan X couldnt be found in database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2023 10:32 AM

I think 'vlan not found in database' means that client is assigned a VLAN that is not configured on the controller. You will need to configure each VLAN that can be used by clients. As well you probably would need to configure/allow the VLAN on one of your interfaces.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Vlan X couldnt be found in database

Posted Oct 30, 2023 09:29 PM

Thanks Herman, but see thats the thing.. the VLAN does exist in the controller.

There are occasions i have seen the configuration done on the controller GUI does not sync with CLI.

But i have double check on that too. The VLAN is present in the CLI. Thats what baffles me.

Any other thoughts?

• 4.  RE: Vlan X couldnt be found in database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2023 07:29 AM

Ah, I now see that these messages are debug messages from the dhcp service, which probably is configured to do dhcp relay...

What is your setup? dhcp relay from the controllers, and external dhcp server?

Do you have IP addresses configured in that case on the vlans? And does the dhcp server have proper routing back to the controllers?

Without further context, it's hard to get to a solution just from a few log lines. If you can contact your Aruba partner or Aruba support it's probably easier to get quickly to a solution.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.