SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

VPNC Retains configuration when moving from one group to other, why and how to wipe?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  VPNC Retains configuration when moving from one group to other, why and how to wipe?

Posted 30 days ago

Hello,

I am writing a 'step-by-step' process for a customer I am supporting for a RAP to Micro-branch conversion. While labbing it all out I created a new VPNC group from scratch. When I moved my "working" 9004 from the existing group, first to the default group and then to the new group, I was surprised most device-specific information moved over. 

I would like to start fresh instead of all this retained configuration.

Two questions:

1: Why is VPNC device configuration retained

2: How do I wipe it all without doing it individually?

The default group says it is AOS8

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: VPNC Retains configuration when moving from one group to other, why and how to wipe?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 29 days ago

the group should be AOS10 if you are using gateways/VPNCs.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: VPNC Retains configuration when moving from one group to other, why and how to wipe?

Posted 27 days ago

Thank you Ariya,

I will test that out. If understood correctly I create an empty group for ais 10 gateways and move existing gateways in there to wipe their configuration.

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 4.  RE: VPNC Retains configuration when moving from one group to other, why and how to wipe?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

yes and check if the configuration is synced up.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.