Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

vsf sequenced-shutdown command

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  vsf sequenced-shutdown command

Posted 8 days ago

Found a reference to this command in CoPilot, but unable to find any reference to it in any HP documentation.   I am needingexit to shutdown an entire 5-switch VSF stack of 2930F's.    Currently, I am using member shutdown to power down the first 4 members, the just unplugging the commander.   My fear is simply unplugging the commander then having it lose its config.    How do you shutdown (then power down) the entire VSF stack gracefully??

• 2.  RE: vsf sequenced-shutdown command

Posted 8 days ago

If you dont save configuration before shutdown all changes will be lost anyhow regardles of the way you stop the swirch.

Just do write memory before the shutdown and you will br good.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: vsf sequenced-shutdown command

Posted 8 days ago

Do I need to console into each member (5 of them) or can I 'write memory' in the commander console for the stack?

Thank You,

Eugene Juneau

Information Systems Manager

FUNC4_Logo_color_276x70

Beaumont | Houston | Paris | Sherman | Lake Charles

12560 Reed Road ◦ Suite 200 ◦ Sugar Land, Texas 77478

4785 Eastex Frwy ◦ Beaumont, TX 77706

1010 Lamar Ave ◦ Paris, TX 75460

1111 County Rd 44, Angleton, TX  77515-1204

o  281.276.1133

function-4.com

How'd we do?

• 4.  RE: vsf sequenced-shutdown command

MVP GURU
    Posted 8 days ago
    You just need to save the running configuration (to configuration read at boot from the flash memory) by exacuting the "write memory" command on the VSF Commander.

Please note that it is not always needed: you need to perform that "wrte memory" action when the booted configuration was changed and you want that change to be permanent and capable to survive a switch/VSF Stack reboot (try to check with the "show running-configuration status" command to see if there is/isn't a mismatch for which you eventually want/need to save - or just to loose - the current running configuration changes in favour of the startup one).