Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VSF Technology of 6300M

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  VSF Technology of 6300M

Posted Feb 21, 2024 07:18 PM

Hello everyone , I just want to ask how vsf technology of 6300M works with 1G SFP for stacking. we have 4 6300M 48 ports stacked using vsf configuration. what we want to know is how the traffic traverse from member to master conductor. for vsf stacking we have 1G sfp for the uplinks we have 25G sfp from access switch to our core switch. as of now we are just using 1 uplinks as 25g since 25g is a little bit expensive.  since my uplink  from my stacked access switch to core switch is 25G do I need also to have 25G sfp for my access switch vsf stacking link ?

What i want to know is how the traffic will traverse from member up to the master conductor so we can follow the best practices in configuring a vsf.

• 2.  RE: VSF Technology of 6300M

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 01:35 AM

Not sure if 6300M can support 1G for stacking.

Please have a look into the below link.,

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.13/HTML/vsf/Content/Chp_FAQ/faq-gen.htm

//

6300: VSF allows stacks to be formed using any combination of SKUs of the 6300 family. Up to 10 member switches will be allowed. Connections between the switches must use 10G, 25G, or 50G links. All VSF links in a stack should operate at the same speed.

//

------------------------------
    Kapildev Erampu
    Systems Engineer, ACEX#94
    Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: VSF Technology of 6300M

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 02:39 AM

For the 6300m VSF stacking is only officially supported on the uplink ports. you may be able to successful create a 1gb VSF port and stack on the other ports but it will not be offically supported on that model. As for the stack topology it should be a ring. the VSF link among the switches will be used to sync stack member related traffic as well as to send traffic upstream is the member does not have an un uplink upstream. When it comes to LAGs to downstream connections between VSF members will forward on the local switch traffic is received on return on the same link if possible, so not stand LACP hashing.

VSF sync'd traffic over stack link include

"The Master switch synchronizes OVSDB content with the standby, to ensure that it can quickly take over the master role without interruption. The OVSDB database includes six tables: • VSF member table • VSF link table • System table: Includes the number of members, MAD status, fragment status, and topology type. • Subsystem table: Boot time for each member • Interface table • Topology table"