Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wake-On-LAN with 802.1x

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Wake-On-LAN with 802.1x

Posted May 24, 2022 03:02 PM
    Hello all, I have been having a heck of a time getting Wake on Lan to work in our wired 802.1x test environment.

We use a product called Surveyor to schedule maintenance windows and things like that, and it utilizes wake on lan. It worked everywhere until we applied out 802.1x testing in our lab. Now this lab is unable to be woke from the magic packet. I have everything in place on the Surveyor side. It is set up to talk to both the untrusted and trusted networks.

We are running Cisco switches. I am reaching out to see if anyone has a similar set and was able to get Wake ON Lan working?

------------------------------
    Zack Shore
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Wake-On-LAN with 802.1x

Posted May 25, 2022 05:01 AM

Controlled direction in:

Take a look at this: 802.1X Authentication Services Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Release 3SE (Catalyst 3850 Switches) - IEEE 802.1X Wake on LAN Support [Support] - Cisco

Whilst we don't use Cisco switches, we did have to set controlled direction to in.
    If your using spanning tree then I remember also making sure they are edge ports.
    We also set an ACL as we don't want everything to be able to broadcast.

Hope that helps.