Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

where to download firmware?

This thread has been viewed 52 times
  • 1.  where to download firmware?

Posted Feb 26, 2024 04:14 AM

Hi guys,

How is that possible that there is no software downloads on the support site for my switch HP 2620-24-PPoE+ (J9624A)? I know that it is old, but I don't see the reason to just remove everything from the site and leave users with nothing. I will greatly appreciate if someone helps me to get the firmware)

• 2.  RE: where to download firmware?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2024 04:15 AM

Firmware can be downloaded from the Networking Support Portal. You will need to create an account for that.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted Feb 26, 2024 05:20 PM

Is this account separate from HPE account? Because when i try to log in I get an error:

"Error during authentication, please log out and try again. Reason: Your account may need further review. If this problem persists, please contact Aruba Support for assistance 1-800-WiFi-LAN (US Toll Free) or +1-408-754-1200 (International)."

I even tried to create a new account from a different pc and i get the same error.

• 4.  RE: where to download firmware?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2024 07:17 AM

It may take a while (few days) before an account request is validated, especially if you used a non-company e-mail or address information.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted Feb 28, 2024 10:15 AM

Well I always get this error since I ever registered first HPE account (years ago). If you have access to Networking Support Portal could you please check whether there are any firmware downloads for my model? Because I suspect there will be nothing either...

• 6.  RE: where to download firmware?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 08:35 AM

https://networkingsupport.hpe.com/downloads;products=Aruba%20Switches;productSeries=2620%20Switch%20Series shows there is a RA.16.04.0028 from 30 January 2024 as newest release.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 7.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted Feb 29, 2024 09:14 AM

Wonderful, but I still can't access (log in) to this site(( Could you somehow send this latest firmware to me, please?

• 8.  RE: where to download firmware?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2024 11:37 AM

Unfortunately, I can't. There are (export) restrictions for software distributed through the ASP, as well for some downloads an active support contract is required (I think support contract is  required for the 2620).

That is the reason why accounts are reviewed, such that only people that are eligible can download firmware/software. You may contact that phone number to find out why your account is not approved.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 9.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted Mar 01, 2024 01:43 PM

Thank you VERY much for your responses. Currently this is what I received from HPE Support:

As you are not able to download the software from the Aruba Support portal and as you are self-employed and your email id is bidenkoanton@gmail.com which is a generic email and its a public domain and in order to download the software from ASP an user should have a corporate domain and with a public domain(gmail.com) it would not be possible to download the software from the portal.

Also here https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support I don't have my country listed (Ukraine). I'm thinking on giving up on this and just sell this router in the state it is currently in (very old firmware with some bugs).

I want to buy a new one and don't know how I'll be able to access downloads if I decide to buy HP switch again.

• 10.  RE: where to download firmware?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2024 08:29 PM

That is what I understand as well, you should not use generic e-mail addresses like gmail as these are not related to any organization. Gmail,Outlook.com,Live, etc addresses are just not accepted. Don't you have another mail address that you can use?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 11.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted Mar 05, 2024 10:34 AM

I will now try to find somebody who has corporate e-mail and register a new account, hope that helps. I will write back on the results.

• 12.  RE: where to download firmware?

Posted 26 days ago

Eventually my local HPE representative in Ukraine sent me the latest firmware. Although they still don't have any solution how I can access Networking Support Portal.