View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi 6

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  Wifi 6

Posted Jul 18, 2023 11:32 PM

Hi,

I am testing out a 535 to see if I can connect to it using Wifi 6. My Wifi card is Wifi 6 capable but it is still connecting to the AP using Wifi 5. I looked at the switch interface where the AP is connected, it is getting 5000FDX so it is not throttled by the switch. I have it connected to a 2930M on one of the 10 GB ports. How do I get devices to connect using Wifi 6?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Wifi 6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2023 04:09 AM

That should work automatically. Check here if you are using WIndows 10 or 11 how to find out if you are connected via 802.11ax (WiFi 6).

Upgrading the AP and client to latest versions, drivers, firmware, may all help.

How did you conclude that you are connected via WiFi 5?

Do other devices connect on WiFi 6?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Wifi 6

Posted Jul 19, 2023 01:16 PM
    Hi Herman,

When I look at the connection properties as described in the webpage you linked, I see Wifi 5. Also, when I look at the connected devices in mobility master it shows maximum speed is 192 Mbps.
    I tested a couple of different devices, a cell phone and two PCs, the PC drivers are fully updated.

The controller is on OS 8.6.0.13, would that be the cause?

Thank you!

--
    Wireless and Mobile Device Tech
    Olympia School District

• 4.  RE: Wifi 6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 03:46 AM

Not sure if the firmware would be the issue, however it's near to 2 years old, and 8.6 will be end of support in November this year. It may be worth to consider an upgrade of your controller to the most recent 8.10 or so and try again. You may ask Aruba Support if they can find out what happens, maybe you disabled 11ax High Efficiency (HE) in the configuration. But if you would plan to upgrade for other reasons, doing the upgrade first would make sense.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Wifi 6

Posted Jul 21, 2023 01:36 PM
    Hi Herman,
    That was it! High Efficiency was not enabled, the issue is now resolved, thank you! I took over for another person who used to do this job, I don't know what he had done, I'm figuring it out and I go!

We have a few of 1xx series APs left in the field, we are in the process of replacing them so we can move on to 8.10. I appreciate the heads up, thank you!

Thanks again for the help and recommendation!

--
    Wireless and Mobile Device Tech
    Olympia School District