Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Jul 21, 2022 05:45 PM
    Hello,

Lately we have received some complaints about WiFi Calling not working on our wireless system. We upgraded to 8.10.0.2 recently and some of the reports coincide with that, though it's always difficult to tie down exactly when the issues began.(always tempting to blame an upgrade of course!).

As far as we know Wifi Calling has been working up til recently, it has been configured for a while now, but testing today between colleagues phones showed that the call could be made, but once connected there was no sound (either for caller or receiver - maybe a second or so of sound right at the start but then nothing). WiFi Calling appeared to work on these devices on different wireless networks (not on our system), so it seemed to be related to our AOS system. Interestingly WiFi Calling from WhatsApp seemed to work, at least in our testing.  But not using the phone's phone app.

A colleague found that adding voip-applications-acl and wificalling-acl to our user roles appears to solve the issue (at least on our dev system), and that is mentioned in the config instructions, though it says the voice role has this applied by default. Should Wifi-Calling users receive the voice role? Should we neeed to add these ACLs to our user roles? We're a little confused as to how come it was working previously if this was necessary. Does anyone know if anything has changed, or had similar reports?

Thank  you

Guy

• 2.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Jul 22, 2022 10:29 AM

Same here!, I see more and more call just for 8-10 sec. indicating hung up.

On testing; voice is not coming through either way. 

• 3.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Jul 25, 2022 10:51 AM
    It would be handy to know whether we should need to add these ACLs to the user roles or not. Adding them seems to have resolved the issue but why was it working previously if they were required?

Guy

• 4.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Jul 25, 2022 10:57 AM
    Hi,
    Following this with interest.

One quick question, what authenticated role do you assign to your users ?

If its just the built in “authenticated” one, that just an allowance all. … or do you create your own authenticated role?

Rgds
    Alex

• 5.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Jul 25, 2022 11:14 AM
    Hello Alex,

We have our own roles for authenticated clients

• 6.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

MVP
    Posted Sep 08, 2022 04:48 PM
    Did you upgrade your entire environment to 8.10.0.2 or just the mobility conductor? We're thinking about upgrading our mobility conductor to 8.10 for the 9200 series controllers, but Wi-Fi calling is critical in our environment.

------------------------------
    Michael Haring
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: WiFi Calling problems - AOS 8.10.0.2

Posted Sep 08, 2022 04:58 PM
    I’ve got a test setup here running 8.10.0.3 and am using downloadable user roles for my dot1x users (well me) and wifi calling seems ok. Hopefully will move. A second beta tester (wife) over in the next day or so, if it doesn’t work I’ll know about it fairly soon.
    Think the jury is still out on DUP for general users, get feeling that replicating range of roles/acls avail on a controller just to use DUP possibly a step too far, unless you can invoke local acl groups in the DUP

Currently just sending an allow all in the DUP
    A

Sent from my iPhone