Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi QoS config

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  WiFi QoS config

Posted Sep 19, 2022 11:01 AM
    Hello all,

I have a healthcare customer using telemetry monitors that are occasionally, briefly dropping the ECG feed from the monitor to the nurse station.  Client debugs show that the monitor itself is not losing connection and in fact appears to be very healthy, so I'm wondering if the UDP packets are being dropped or delayed somewhere between the monitor and the server.  I took a capture and see that the UDP packets have an AF41 marking, so what would be the best way to ensure that the marking is being honored?  These devices are on a dedicated WLAN and currently WMM is not enabled. 

• 2.  RE: WiFi QoS config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2022 12:23 PM
    An over the air capture would be the best way to see if the markings are being observed over the air.  Make a column that tracks wlan.qos.priority in Wireshark to see if things are being marked:

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: WiFi QoS config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2022 03:41 PM
    Also, by default WMM is enabled for any 802.11n or newer phy types as per the standard, so you wouldn't need to enable it in the SSID profile.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: WiFi QoS config

Posted Sep 19, 2022 04:20 PM
    Thanks Colin