Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WIPS SNR

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  WIPS SNR

Posted Dec 07, 2022 03:57 AM
    Hello I have a question regarding WIPS settings.

1. I know that the distance to be blocked is determined by the SNR value when setting WIPS, is that correct?

2. If number 1 is correct, is the blocking distance set for each SNR value? or is it different for each AP model?

3. If number 1 is correct, in addition to SNR, does the EIRP value also affect the cut-off distance?

4. Is the blocking distance different when the AP is on the floor and on the ceiling?
        The same policy and the same AP model are used, but the blocking distance in the place where the AP is located on the ceiling is different from the blocking        distance in the place where the AP is located on the floor.

• 2.  RE: WIPS SNR

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2022 08:03 AM
    Do you have a reference where you found something about blocking distance? Or do you have a command option/parameter where your question is about?
    What product? AP? Controller? Configuration?

It does not ring a bell, so I would not know what you are asking for/looking for.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------