Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired mDNS devices not supported in AOS10

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Wired mDNS devices not supported in AOS10

Posted Oct 28, 2022 10:21 AM

Hello all,

I do have a support ticket in for this, but I am digging around myself. We have just switched to Aruba AOS10 wifi from Cisco Catalyst. We have 50+ WePresent devices around campus in smart classrooms that use Apple AirPlay as a way to share content on the TVs in those classrooms. We can't see any of these devices when connected to an Aruba AP. I have all of these services enabled in the AirGroup config area, but I'm not able to see the devices from an end user machine. 

In the Central 2.5.5 AOS10 technical doc I saw the following:

AirGroup Limitations

AirGroup has the following limitations:

• Template groups are not supported.
    • Wired AirGroup servers or users are not supported.
    • Custom-based AirGroup services are not supported.

Also, from SSH I saw Dropped as wired airgroup devices not supported. 

This works in AOS8 and on our old Cisco wifi. These devices are not wired into devices in Central, but to Cisco IOS and Aruba aos-s switches. 

Does this mean that we will not be able to use all of the devices moving forward?

Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: Wired mDNS devices not supported in AOS10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2022 10:33 PM
    this is the current limitation as documented.
    I suggest to talk to your local Aruba rep for roadmap questions.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Wired mDNS devices not supported in AOS10

Posted Nov 01, 2022 12:16 PM

It just seems like the differentiation between wired and wireless is a bit strange, since the contents of the traffic is essentially the same. I know it would be a systemic change to remove that drop rule, but I wonder why it is in place at all when this is fully functional in AOS8. 

Airplay is a core function of many of our smart classrooms, and it'd be nice to get this working for the professors that rely on it.