Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Client name

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Wireless Client name

Posted 14 days ago

I am brand new to Aruba Central so forgive me if this is not the correct community to post to.... is there anyway to create a note for a specific client?????????

Some context. I work for a school district. We have camera's in our school buses that save data to a SD Card reader. The card reader has wireless capability that connects to an outdoor wireless mesh. When connected the reader's host name is its mac address. I just want to create a note such as "bus 2 card reader" so I know the client. 

Thank you in advance for any of your expertise....

• 2.  RE: Wireless Client name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 days ago

not that I know, but you could put the card reader in an appropriate user-role (SD-Reader) after authentication and then look for that user-role.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Wireless Client name

Posted 13 days ago
    Thank you for your response. I am playing with that feature, a client profile. I may have to go with the old fashion route of a Spreadsheet. There are only 80 buses that have an SD card reader. 

--
    Chris White
    Senior Network Administrator
    Central Administration
    Haverford School District
    Office: 610-853-5900 x7225
    Mobile: 412-883-2344