Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

wireless disconnection on different vlans

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  wireless disconnection on different vlans

Posted May 25, 2023 12:18 PM

Hi all,

In our campus network there was two ap whose radio got rebooted in span of one or two hours .Our network topology was mm/md.
    The aps were connected to distribution switch which is connected to core switch then wlc .
    Now users were facing the disconnection in span of one or two hours , then we change the vlan of those ap and radio rebooting stopped .
    But we were  not able to find the root cause of this issue ?

• 2.  RE: wireless disconnection on different vlans

Posted May 26, 2023 01:47 AM

Hi,

If Aruba heartbeat lost it starts to reboot APs. Check that you do not have loops (STP causes lots of headeach). Last week we had this problem and found that our router (from APs to WLC network) is losting packets (Juniper problem).

• 3.  RE: wireless disconnection on different vlans

Posted May 26, 2023 05:56 AM
     problem is our Ap remains up just radio gets rebooted and there are Aps in that problematic vlan they are not facing any issues .

• 4.  RE: wireless disconnection on different vlans

Posted May 26, 2023 02:06 PM

What Version are you using? Controller based? 

I just went through a scenario myself with AOS10.4 and Central in a small network where the firewall is the router. About every 30 minutes all 4 of my AP's were dropping from the network and coming back online. They remained powered on and the switch interfaces showed online the whole time. I could see the AP's talking to central, NTP and DNS through firewall logs while they were down, and I couldn't ping them. So I wound up doing some layer2/3 troubleshooting and I discovered the AP's were not responding to ARP requests. I could however ping the AP within the same layer 2 domain directly on the switch they were plugged into. My fix was to add static ARP entries for the AP's on my firewall. I did open a case with support to see if we could find a bug report or to report a bug. 

• 5.  RE: wireless disconnection on different vlans

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2023 04:36 AM

Which version of code are you running?

Could you give output of:

show ap debug system-status ap-name <ap-name>
    show ap debug driver-log ap-name <ap-name>
    show ap debug counters ap-name <ap-name>