Security

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

Posted 26 days ago

Hello,

I am working on wireless EAP-TEAP with EAP-TLS for clients and (for now) MSCHAPV2 for users. The desired end result includes wireless clients being able to connect before users sign-on to ensure AD is available for new user logons. This is working well. My problem arrives when a user signs in to windows while the machine authenticated to the network, I noticed the session is hanging onto the client auth in the mobility controller. To fix this, I included a port bounce within the user logon enforcement profile, which is successful. My concern now is that everytime there is a reauth, the user will be bounced again creating instability. Is there a better way to port bounce is this scenario? Or is ther a solution I am not thinking of with cached auth in ClearPass maybe or auth timeouts.... 

Below are the Enforcment scenarios for user & client and just client respectively:

FW-Groups_Class = Accounting data sent to firewall to build user group based policy.

User and machine:

(Tips:Role  EQUALS  GU-Wifi) Wifi Profile, FW-Groups_Class_USER, FW-Groups_Return-Username, [Update Endpoint Known], [ArubaOS Wireless - Bounce Switch Port]

Machine only:

(Authentication:TEAP-Method-1-Status  EQUALS_IGNORE_CASE  Success)
    AND  (Authorization:Microsoft Intune:Intune Managed Device Owner Type  CONTAINS  company)
    Wifi Profile, FW-Groups_Class_Device, FW-Groups_Return-Hostname, [Update Endpoint Known]

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 2.  RE: Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

Is this a wired or wireless client?

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

You've been following the TEAP tech note? And what do you mean by "hanging onto the client auth"?

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 4.  RE: Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

Posted 25 days ago

This is wireless.

By "hanging onto the client auth in the mobility controller", I mean that the user authentication is recieved by the controller but the wireless session is already associated to the machine auth. So after logging a user into the client that has already authenticated to the network using a cert, the user auth does not replace it so the role reamins for the machine only. As I mentioned, the port bounce solves this, but creates the other stability concern upon user reauth attempts.

I actually just noticed the TEAP tech note from another posting here today so it is on the short list of things to review. Does it mention this scenario?

• 5.  RE: Wireless EAP-TEAP: Port Bounce Client After User Sign-on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110