Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Group Policy (GPO) deployment.

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Wireless Group Policy (GPO) deployment.

Posted 14 days ago

Hello,

I would appreciate if you could help me with the following.

I am deploying the ClearPass solution and I have a detail that the users that connect to the wireless network, I have to manually change the security settings of the interface so that it can authenticate against the ClearPass the Active Directory user and not with the computer name.

The detail is that I want to deploy a Group policy in which all machines in the domain by default authenticate with 802.1x users and computers.

Can someone give me a hand because I link the GPO to the organizational unit where the AD users are but the policy does not apply and I have to change these network settings on the computer of each user.

• 2.  RE: Wireless Group Policy (GPO) deployment.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 hours ago

If I'm correct, the supplicant configuration is a computer config, not a user config, so you could try to apply it to somewhere in the tree where your computer objects are.

Your local AD administrator probably knows better how/where to apply GPOs, I only have experience in lab with simple AD topologies.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------