Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin (Aruba AP 505 AP)

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin (Aruba AP 505 AP)

Posted Mar 11, 2024 02:29 PM

PC and wireless PC are assigned the same DHCP server address. PC can access aruba IAP webadmin, but wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin 

when the ap try to communicate on the network its getting assigned to vlan 72 by a switch.

When the pc is directly connected to the switch through vlan144, the login to manage aruba IAP webadmin is successful

However, I am unable to connect to aruba IAP webadmin via a wireless pc which is also vlan 144.

But I can ping aruba IAP webadmin successfully.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Please help me, thank you! (Confused boy)

But I can ping aruba IAP webadmin successfull

• 2.  RE: wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin (Aruba AP 505 AP)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 09:18 AM

It may be that the wireless client needs to be in the same VLAN as your IAP's IP address in order to access it. With the AP in VLAN 72 and the client in VLAN 144, there may be asymetric routing, breaking the WebUI communication. If the AP is in VLAN 72 (native VLAN for the AP and switchport), you should connect the wireless client to VLAN 1 (native seen from the AP).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin (Aruba AP 505 AP)

Posted Mar 12, 2024 12:45 PM

Thanks for reply

After continuous testing

I found that a wireless client online through the IAP master controller could not access the IAP WEBUI,

but a wireless client online through the IAP non-master controller could access the IAP WEBUI.

This test result makes me feel that there is still a key command missing:

If the client is online through the IAP master controller, the client is allowed to access the IAP WEBUI.

But I don't know what command to use.

• 4.  RE: wireless PC cannot access aruba IAP webadmin (Aruba AP 505 AP)

Posted Mar 12, 2024 12:49 PM

After testing

The client and IAP are not in the same vlan and can communicate via a Layer 3 switch