Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Zero Trust

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Zero Trust

Posted 2 days ago

I have tried looking online and asking around but I have not gotten a concrete answer.  We are currently using an Alcatel WLC, OAW-4450, with Cisco ISE.  We have been tasked with a zero trust initiative and to my understanding I am only able to do traditional RADIUS and not certificate based authentication.  

Would someone have more information on what options we have?

• 2.  RE: Zero Trust

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

Not sure what parts Alcatel use from Aruba Portfolio regarding Zero Trust. Since this topic is not something which can be answered easy via this Forum I suggest to contact your local Aruba Sales representative.

My5cents

• 3.  RE: Zero Trust

Posted 2 days ago

I started by reaching out to my representative and their response has been "we will work on this and let you know" for the last several days.  I have looked online and I thought it could be worth asking if anyone has experience with doing this.

• 4.  RE: Zero Trust

Posted 2 days ago

"Alcatel WLC, OAW-4450, with Cisco ISE"

None of the above products are Aruba products - if you are using the above then you would be better off asking the question on the other vendors forums.

"We have been tasked with a zero trust initiative and to my understanding I am only able to do traditional RADIUS and not certificate based authentication."

I don't understand why "traditional RADIUS" would work and certificate based authentication would not.

The RADIUS server (cisco ISE) is the one that will process the radius request.  The RADIUS response that is sent back to the NAD (Network Access Device) would look the same regardless of if the request was "traditional RADIUS" (not sure what this means) or EAP-TLS (cert based).

I don't fully know your setup and I could be wrong here, so make sure you verify with the other vendors.  I know Cisco ISE will do EAP-TLS but I have no idea about the wireless devices you are using.

• 5.  RE: Zero Trust

Posted 2 days ago
    Alcatel-Lucent wireless is just rebranded Aruba, so the configuration should work with EAP-TLS and 802.1X on the WLAN. I would imagine your issue, like many with user certificate authentication, has to do with the certificates and trust as set up in the client and/or RADIUS server’s configuration.

---------------------------------
    ryh
    ---------------------------------